Board Member at iStarter, Angel Investor, Country Manager and Adjunct Professor at IE Business School.
Sergio Negri is currently the Country Manager for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia of IE Business School, as well as a professor in the area of IT and Innovation. He started his career as an IT Consultant in Accenture. After the MBA he joined Metro News International as Business Development Director. He has been (and currently is) involved in the start-up of several .com companies. Sergio holds a double degree in Engineering (Computer Science and Electronics) from Turin Polytechnic and Polytechnic University of Catalunya. MBA from IE Business School. Currently Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) candidate at IE.
Board Member and Equity Partner
| giugno 2013 – presente (1 anno 11 mesi) Torino, Italia
• iStarter is a business incubator-accelerator that provides initial capital and extensive coaching to investors and startuppers through a highly diversified network of young professionals and senior advisors. • We have a diffused partnership model: 60 partners provide mentoring to the companies we incubate. • We are in the process of raising a €10M fund to invest in 100 companies in 5 years.
| novembre 2014 – presente (6 mesi)
Invested in the following companies: * L'Armadio Verde (http://www.armadioverde.it/). High quality cloths baby swapping online platform. * Drexcode (http://drexcode.com/). Haute couture dresses rent online platform.
IE Business School
| gennaio 2010 – presente (5 anni 4 mesi) Online - Madrid - Shanghai
Professor in the areas of Strategic Innovation and Marketing. Average official feedback from students: 4 out of 5. Courses: Managing IT and Innovation (Global MBA) - Online Information Systems Management (Executive MBA) - Shanghai - Online - Madrid Information Systems Management (Global MBA) - Online Business Intelligence: Tools for Marketing (International MBA) - Madrid
Country Manager Italy, Croatia and Slovenia
| febbraio 2008 – presente (7 anni 3 mesi)
• Development of company network: - Deals with Hiring Managers/HR Managers/Head hunters - Sale of Executive Education programs - Deals with universities • Media & PR • Increase number and quality of candidates • Alumni network support
| novembre 2006 – febbraio 2010 (3 anni 4 mesi)
• Founder of the company http://www.elitecurricula.com, specialized in storing professional’s CV, letting the head hunters and the hiring firms to search the database for free. • Online Marketing: SEO, Google Analytics, closing deals with major Business Schools (revenue share and/or banner interchange). • Web development in PHP, MySql and XML.
| gennaio 2001 – dicembre 2009 (9 anni)
I've been teaching in several environments (accredited learning agencies, hospitals, for the Ministry of defense, at "Palazzo di Giustizia" in Turin) courses on: - management - marketing - flow optimization - clinical risk management - quality - fluid dynamics, electrotechnique, computer science
Sales Director / Business Development Manager
| febbraio 2007 – settembre 2008 (1 anno 8 mesi) Torino, Italia
UpGrade offers high added value consultancy to public and private companies. Sectors: Safety and Environment, Energy, Management, ITC, Funding, Financed Training courses, Marketing and Communication. I am responsible for the Sales Budget and Business Development.
Business Development Manager / Key account Supervisor
| febbraio 2005 – novembre 2006 (1 anno 10 mesi)
Member of the Board of the Management Team, reporting directly to CEO: • Developing the business to find new sources of income (telesales, Internet, magazines, worth 10% of the total company revenues). • Finding and negotiating new alliances and franchisee contracts. • Managing most of the projects in Metro Spain related to Internet, online Marketing, search Marketing, Sales and Distribution. • Evaluating possible vertical integration with different sectors such as Real Estate, Travel, or Telecommunications. • Key Account Supervision (Nokia, Motorola, Procter and Gamble, Alfa Romeo, Unilever among others). • Supervision of a team of 9 KAM.
| novembre 2003 – gennaio 2004 (3 mesi)
• Contracted by Accenture to establish relationships with managers of the other consulting firms involved and with external companies related to CRM/Billing Project, defending the economic/political interests of the client, Italgas Piú (largest gas marketer in Italy). • Develop the activities plan for my group, team of five, overseeing the targets achievement.
| maggio 2002 – ottobre 2003 (1 anno 6 mesi)
• Relationship with client’s personnel, Italgas Piú, with whom I participated in decision making through regular meetings. • Interconnection between the information systems of two different companies (Italgas Piú, Italgas Rete) through EAI Tibco, advising on the political implication of each decision. • The responsibilities of my post evolved from strictly technical to more team-management and public relations oriented.