The Best Italian Ventures in our portfolio
In iStarter we select a few projects a year that meet the following characteristics:
1. The idea can come from any industry, the importance is that it has to bring real innovation and it is not the review of something already seen, moreover, it must already have its own history of the market;
2. The CEO and most of the team must be Italian;
3. The project must have already embarked on an entrepreneurial path with 2-3 rounds closed behind;
4. The company must have an asset (an effective business plan, a structured work team, a solid financial situation) ready to scale-up internationally;
5. The project must be interested in attracting investments and developing strategic partnerships also abroad.
The main objective of this process is to identify “the best” projects among those fitting iStarter’s investment philosophy.
The process, that involves our 100+ “super senior analysts” – the Equity Partners – is supported by a proprietary web platform internally developed, in the form of an MVP.
iStarter differs from many other players for being “angel-led”: it is fully owned by 100+ Equity Partners who generate value in different ways for the accelerator. On the other side, they expect to extract value from the Partnership and one of the main value drivers is the access to a qualified dealflow. In other terms, they expect to get opportunities to invest in “high-quality” projects.